Monday, February 19, 2007

Doodles

I just happened to pick up my pencil yesterday evening after approximately 3 days short of forever. A few hours of timeless fun later, I realized I wasn't too rusty after all. (to be understood as "I was never much better than I am now.") Anyway, here are the fruits of my fine evening.

I've never been good at drawing people. So when I decided to try it yesterday, I decided to be nice and make myself the first victim. Notice that I selected a picture where I was still recognizable without my face being visible.

The things I was good at sketching are animals/birds/body parts (biology stuff), macho machines (fighter aircraft, guns, tanks... you get the idea) and comic book characters. So I figured I'd try one of those and then take it a step further.

I sketched out this negative image of the Batman and then played around with it on Photoshop.


Some simle contrast manipulation and a little thresholding and lo and behold!

Boy, am I glad I picked up that pencil! This is another one of my erstwhile hobbies that I've decided to revive. And just to make sure I don't slip back into laziness, I'll put up a sketch or two on this blog from time to time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good work!!!

Pingu said...

Ohhh...somebody's already been here and left a comment , i c... :o-p

btw,idhu paer DOODLES aaa?????
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Doodles - definition a paaru...'aimless drawing' aa idhu???? unnake overa illa?

macnife said...

I think these sketches qualify as doodles because I had no idea what I wanted to sketch when I picked up my pencil. Wat say?

Anonymous said...

doodles are kirukals not sketches...esp not indha madiri sketches i say!

-Pingu