Thursday, January 11, 2007

Random rants

This post is a disconnected pot-pourri of random thoughts I've jotted down over a period of time.
________
Thus, sword in hand, he mounted his majestic black Arabian and charged, eyes-aflame with defiance, with nary a care into the heat of a battle already lost. It was a sight that tore at the hearts of his brethren and yet he rode alone – none possessed the strength of conviction to throw away their lives as he had done. He had always walked alone, up in the clouds for he was an idealist.

A madman questions that which no one else does. A wise man answers those questions.

Let them see, and let them burn with anguish over their faults for it is they who long to become me but seek to lessen their sense of inadequacy by watching me fail! But I shall not fail, I shall not falter! For I seek not to prove them wrong but only to prove myself right.

What is politeness but respect feigned?

I am not strife. I am the eye of the storm – the calm at the heart of the chaos.

In order to feel alive, one must recognize that which separates the state of being alive from the state of not being. And the best place from which to see that is the thin line that separates the two states – skydive today!

Let him cast the first stone, who is ready to be shot.

A paradox is but a truth not yet understood.

Scientists now suggest that the passage of time is merely a quirk of human perception. Time itself does not flow. So, even though the clock suggests otherwise, I’m not really late to work.

Of all things breakable, silence is the only one that can never be broken quietly.

In the past, I’ve been wrongly accused of getting into fights. It was always someone else that started the fight. I merely ended it.

I do not spend much time pondering water under the bridge. I can not swim, so what’s the point!

To those who remark on my being “out of shape”, I say this – ROUND IS A SHAPE!

Existence is the only truth. All else is perception.

What I would love more than anything, is to comprehend infinity and nothingness.

Once I fell, a lifetime ago. And for a long time, I lay where I fell, unable to overcome the inertia, until I nearly became part of the very earth I lay upon. But I’ve risen now and I walk tall. I know that I will fall again, but I also know this – that I will get back up every single time.

Why not? That’s more reason than I’ll ever need.

I do not believe in destiny. It is an idea born of the folly of men unable to comprehend the enormity of the universe and the triviality of their own existence.

Life does not need a pre-ordained purpose to be sweet.

In nothing I trust. At least not until I’ve seen the data.

I’m not a Bohemian by choice. I am merely unable to accept anything not based upon sound reason but sadly that’s most things conventional.

People need to realize that money means nothing. And they need to write off my debts.

I seek to look upon the world with the wonder of a child and see it with the wisdom of an old man.

Have you heard of the seven deadly words? These are words that are censored from television and radio broadcasts. I ask you, is this not the silliest thing. If we really valued the innocence of children, we would stop doing such things as lying to one another and making war upon our brothers. Instead this censorship of mere words is pure sham.

No comments: