Wednesday, September 27, 2006

What makes me me?

I know this is rather crappy but I just felt like writing this...so read on and suffer!

10 things I love:

  1. To wake up to the intoxicating sound of Pink Floyd or Oasis on a rainy Sunday morning and do nothing all day. Or to drift off to sleep listening to heavy metal (rather counterintuitive to most, but it can be an extremely calming influence).
  2. A cup of strong coffee followed up with a piece of smooth dark chocolate.
  3. The feel of the pages in a new book and the smell of old leather-bound volumes.
  4. The way cool water tastes when I am really thirsty.
  5. A hot bath at the end of a rough day (preferably with music playing).
  6. That sudden spark of inspiration that leads you to the (often simple) solution to a mind-numbing problem.
  7. Sitting down to a hot self-cooked meal.
  8. That well timed PJ (for the uninitiated, if indeed such people do exist, PJ stands for a poor joke and not pajamas!) that makes everyone outwardly cry out in agony while they secretly laugh over it.
  9. Watching people on a bus/train while listening to music - like a silent movie, only better.
  10. Writing with a pencil.

10 things I hate:

  1. Governmental control in everyday life and curtailment of liberty.
  2. Bad music and speakers that jar.
  3. Waiting for the next issue of a comic book to read the ending to a great story.
  4. Dessert that is too sweet.
  5. Sand sticking to my feet and especially in between my toes (yup, you guessed it...I NEVER step into the water when I'm at the beach.).
  6. Siting in the front row in classes.
  7. Dealing with banks and managing finances.
  8. Wet shoes.
  9. Dressing formally.
  10. Tying up my shoelaces.

No comments: